The year 2021 marks a special season for BTL. It is during this year that we celebrate 40 years of existence. BTL was registered on March 4, 1981 to reach out to the small language groups in Kenya. We thank God for the Kenyan Church, our other partners in schools, institutions of higher learning, mission agencies, corporate organizations, individual well wishers and other stakeholders including government and international partners; you have supported this work overwhelmingly.
You can read the glimpses of BTL here, featuring great men and women who have diligently served the unreached groups.
BTL@40 | #40yearsofexistence | #bygracealone |
It is our joy when a community receives the word of God in their language. Even as we launch these Bibles, pray for God's transforming power; that lives will be transformed by the grace of God when they interact with His Word in the language they understand best.
These are the Bibles and Scripture portions we have dedicated and look forward to dedicating this year:
1. The Gospel of Luke in the Ogiek language - Was launched in a colourful celebration on February 20,2021.
2. The Digo Complete Bible - was launched in a colourful celebration on May 22, 2021. Praise God!
3. Kabarasi Gospel of Luke dedication - September 2021
4. The Duruma complete Bible - November 2021
5. The Ilchamus New Testament - Date not yet settled upon